If you started the virtual journey at the start of the pandemic, you’ve probably ironed out a lot of the kinks with live streams, have made them look perfect and are now in your groove. But if you aren’t already doing this, here’s why you should make sure to get into the habit of recording your classes and offering them as a on-demand option.
Let's walk through the why first before jumping into the how!
Why? It’s almost no extra work and could unlock a massive new revenue opportunity
At its simplest, the cost vs. benefit of recording live streams and offering classes on-demand makes sense.
You pour a ton of time and energy orchestrating each and every live stream class - the music, the programming, the promotion and then ultimately the game-day performance in class. So with an extra 5 minutes you can unlock an entirely new revenue stream - one that can literally generate revenue for you in your sleep.
As you’ve probably seen before your incredibly loyal clients will do what it takes to make it to your live streams, but life happens and that might not always be possible so class recordings can also:
- Make your classes more accessible for clients who can’t join live
- Offer a free class recording as a promotional tool for new clients
- Add a new dimension to your virtual fitness business & package classes into special offerings (e.g. the "HIIT Series")
- Build a library which you can also use as a personal learning tool
It takes just a single sale per live stream for it to be worthwhile and in fact some fitness professionals using onPodio today generate more from their on-demand recordings of their live streams then from the live stream itself.
How? The good news is that it’s incredibly simply to offer your classes on-demand with onPodio
With this release onPodio has made it incredibly simple with a process that takes just 30 seconds to add on-demand videos with an expiring link to your website.
- Go to “On Demand” in your portal
- Click the + button to add a new video
- Select “Upload” and choose the video you want to offer on-demand
- Once uploaded, set the expiration date and boom! You’re done!
You can read more about it in our recent article "How to offer my class recordings on-demand and set an expiration?"